PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage probe PXI 5922

Hello,

We have a pxi_5922 scope, we want to do voltage measurement (up to 40v)  using a probe, unfortunatey we only dispose of a passive probe which is incompatible with the 5922 scope.  When we use it to acquire data, the amplitude and the shape of the acquired signals  don't match  with the real ones, you can see this in the attched image where i only try to visualize a square signal (0,1V). Did anybody faced this problem before, or do you  have a suggestion of a probe that is compatible with pxi 5922.

Thank you for your answers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(769 Views)

No images attached. What oscilloscope probe did you use?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(761 Views)

Hi Santo_13,

Thank you for your answer, I'm using Rohde & Schwarz RT-ZP05S and RTM-ZP10 passive probes, here's the image of the acquired square signal (0,1) in instrument studio. I adjusted the tunable capacitor to make the waveform as square as possible. This is the best i could get.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(743 Views)

Where do you get this square wave signal from? it looks like a 1kHz 0.707Vpk signal, from the smooth rise and fall, it seems like you have lot of capacitance on the line. 

Do you see this behavior on all channels? did you change the scope input impedance to 1M ohm instead of 50 ohm?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(738 Views)

Hi,

I obtain the signal from a square wave generator on an external oscilloscope (typically used for probe compensation). It is a 1 kHz 1 V peak signal, and the input impedance is set to 1 MΩ (I don't get a signal when it's set to 50 Ω). The same issue occurs on all channels. I suspect that the passive probes may not be compatible with the PXI 5922. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or has any alternative suggestions for a probe that may work.

Thank you for your time.

Lyes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(729 Views)

Does the same probe work properly with another scope?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(722 Views)

Yes, It does work properly with other scopes. I checked on ni website,the input capacitance range of the probe i'm using do not  accomodate with  the PXI-5922 input capacitance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(690 Views)