PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage measurement with oscilloscope probes

Hello everyone
I want to use my PXI system to measure different voltages using probes. Unfortunately, I get a strong noise and not exact values.
For example, I would like to measure the voltage drop over a resistor, or different voltages in the 12 V on-board network.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(805 Views)

If the Analog inputs on the instruments you've support differential mode and the common mode and differential voltages that you intend to measure are within the instrument limit, you can definitely do it. It will be better to use twisted pair instead of scope probes for differential signal.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(767 Views)

Thank you for your answer. Yes, the instruments support differential mode. 

I have to use x10 probes, doing this, i get some measurements like you can see attached. In this example i wanted to measure 10V using a x10 probe...

How can i avoid the noise ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(747 Views)

Hi,

If you want to measure the voltage with a scoop as you do with a multimeter you should filter the signal.

See this topic.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(744 Views)