From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Resources for HS6533 DI/O card

I have a system built around a HS6533 DI/O card, some systems are PXI chassis some are standard PC's with the PCI version.  This system is controlled depending on the product being tested using LabView, CVI, and VB6; I won't go into how this came about but it is where we are at.
My probelm is that some of these programs are not releasing or initializing the DI/O card properly.  We are solving this currently by a hard boot in between running any of the applications.

I am using VISA drivers and for speed concerns I am doing VISA Peek and Poke statements, for the digital I/O operations.

I have attached below the code that is used as a DLL for both the LabView and CVI application, the VB6 application uses a translated version of the same code.

The applications do not generate any error messages, and using NI SPY everything seems to be working properly; but the DI/O does not fire properly without the hardboot.

Is there a way to interrogate the card to see if it in fact was configured properly?

Is there something I should be doing other than releasing the memory map and the visa resource?

Any of these applications when used by themselves works fine, there is just something in the interaction of the 3 programs that seems to be causing my problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
don schumacher

Go Cubbies!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,675 Views)
Hello Don,

I am not familiar with the ends and outs of register level programming with VISA.  Register level programming is supported on the DDK forum, you'll get more help if you post there.

Good luck!
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,662 Views)