PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSG Soft Front Panel

Does a soft front panel exist for the PXI Vector Signal Genreators (5672, 5673E)?  I found the http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5620 but was curious if there was anything similar to the Soft Front panels created for the scopes, specans, etc.. (i.e. NI-RFSA Soft Front Panel,...)

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,833 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the post!

There is not a soft front panel for our VSG's.  If you want to perform tasks similary to what a SFP might perform, you can use the "Test Panel" in MAX or start with a simple example from the LabVIEW Example Finder.

1.  The Test Panel can be opened by locating the RF Upconverter, such as the PXI-5610, under "Devices and Interfaces" in MAX.  You can right click on the device (i.e. "Dev1") and then select "Test Panels...".  You should get a window that looks like this.

VSGSFP.PNG

It's a very simple interface that lets you generate a single tone which can be handy for testing connections to a DUT or VSA.

2.  If you are programming in CVI or LabVIEW, there are plenty of examples to start from.  From the LabVIEW Getting Started Window, click "Help»Find Examples...".  Then navigate to "Hardware Input and Output»Modular Instruments»NI-RFSG".  From here, there are lots of examples.  Which example you'll want to start with will depend on what you are trying to accomlish.  There are several examples for different modulation schemes similar to what you posted under the "»Modulation Toolkit" folder.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Jon S

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,822 Views)

There is an NI-RFSG Soft Front Panel, first released in April 2012.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210633

You can download and use it via the above link.  It is also included in the NI-RFSG driver version 1.9 and newer.  

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,539 Views)