cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VHDCI to VHDCI DAQ cable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I need to connect our DAQ boards PXIe-6368 to a custom electronic board.

Due to dimensional constraints we need to use VHDCI connectors onto the custom board.

Thre is a DAQ cable suitable for this?

We have seen that the cable SHC68-68EPM start with VHDI from DAQ and terminate with a SCSI 68 pin on the other end.

We need a straight cable in which both ends are VHDCI.

For HS-DIO boards is available the SHC68-C68-D4 cable that is in line with our needs but, if I have understood well it is realised specifically for HS-DIO and isn't suitable for DAQ usage.

It is available from NI a proper VHDCI-VHDCI DAQ cable?

Thanks for your reply

Luigi Magni (System Engineer - CTA)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,062 Views)

You could probably get away with the SHC68-C68-D4 cable.  Make sure it is shielded.  You should also check which pins are twisted and what their signals will be on your board.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,059 Views)

crossrulz ha scritto:

You could probably get away with the SHC68-C68-D4 cable.  Make sure it is shielded.  You should also check which pins are twisted and what their signals will be on your board.

Dear crossrutz,

thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure regarding your assumption (that I also have made before) because there are some information in another thread into "Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)" discussion forum in which it seems not true:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/shc68-c68-D4-Cable/m-p/2764050

In the last message "Kyle A. - National Instruments - High Speed Digital I/O Product Support Engineer - R&D " state that:

"The cable has 68 pins on the VHDCI connector that are internally connected to a paddle board, which is a small PCB interface inside of your shell that covers each end of the cable. On this paddle board, the 68 pins that you see are fanned out to 80 pins in total before being routed down the cable. The reason for this is because this is an HSDIO cable, and per noise requirements, we break out a shield for every data pin so that it is protected"

So we need a clarification cause we can't make mistake into external PCB design.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,049 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LuigiM

Hi Luigi,

you can also consider this one.

I hope it helps!

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,026 Views)

LiciaP ha scritto:

Hi Luigi,

you can also consider this one.

I hope it helps!

Bye,

Licia

Thanks Licia for the reply.

I think your suggestion is right seems to be 1:1 extension cable with VHDCI to VHDCI connectors.

Unfortunatelly the items available doesn't include the 1m length (why? cause is the most adopted).

UnfortunalU

I'm referring to product code 186380-02 or 186380-005 (the -01 is missing).

Anyway Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,023 Views)

Hi Lucia, 

I have an almost similar question regarding VHDCI 68 cable. 

I need to route current over PXI-2535 matrix to customer side hardware.

My matrix has a VHDCI connectors and also customer side does. So basically I need a pin to pin VHDCI68 cable.

I found this one online 

https://www.winford.com/products/cbvh68.php

And I can't find something similar from NI. Is there any?

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,061 Views)