From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a dll on PXIe 8133

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Labview Real time and PXIe Controller and was hoping for your help.

I have created a dll out of a matlab code with maltab compiler and an wrapper to convert C array into mxArrays. It seems to work on my Computer when I call it with the "call library node function". However, when I try to deploy my VI onto the Target (PXIe 8133) i get the error:

01_Controller.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x436) Failed to load shared library optimize_muscleWrapper.dll:wmlfoptimize_muscle:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

The dll and wrapper dll are transfered via FTP on the RT Target. However, the MATLAB Component Runtime (MCR) is still missing on the target. Is there a way to install the MCR on the Target.

Does depolying the VI check this dependency already or might be there another issue?

Where Do I have to copy the dlls? I copied them here "IP_address_of_my_target"/ni-rt/system/ .

Can I copy it into a subfolder? What about the MCR, can I copy it directly from the Matlab installaion folder into "IP_address_of_my_target"/ni-rt/system/ ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kins Regards,

Jeremy

PS. I can't use MATLAB Coder since I use the "import" function which is not supported. (As far as I know Matlab Coder does not depend on MCR)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(964 Views)

HI,

It depends on the operating system on your controller.

For example, you cannot use dlls in Linux RT, and you need to compile them into shared objects.

What's the OS on the controller?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(840 Views)