PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Event Structures on external PXI-Device

Hello together,

I have a VI which uses Event Structures to handle User Inputs from the front panel. While executing the VI under LabView on a standard WindowsPC the Value Changes from user buttons etc. are properly recognized and the specific event is triggered.

However, the program needs to run on a PXI-1042Q/PCI-8196 device chassis which is connected via LAN to the user interface PC. When I start the VI from the PC it is loaded onto the PXI runtime. When I try to change any user inputs from the Control Panel on the PC, these are not registered as a value change from the VI which is running on the PXI device. I therefore edited the event case and replaced the event structures for each user button by simple case structures. This works but makes the programm very complicated and i would like to use the Event Structures instead.

Has anyone an idea on how to register Event Case Value changes on external PC's while the VI itself is running on a PXI device?

I have attached a simple statemachine, on how i implemented the event cases.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,644 Views)

I am confused about your setup.  Is the PXI controler running an RT application?  If not, how are you starting up the remote VI?  Why do you have a seperate PC?

If you really want to have remote control, I suggest you set up some TCP/IP communications.  Then the PXI controller recieves commands from the GUI PC and does whatever it needs to instead of looking for button presses.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,627 Views)