From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two PXI systems in MAX

Hi!

I have PXI 1036DC system with 8101 RT controller. In MAX I see some second PXI system with the same name (see dup.jpg). Why it occures and what it means?

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,111 Views)

I think you are seeing the same PXI system twice.  MAX maintains a database of the devices it has seen, and doesn't necessarily get rid of "old" entries.  What might have happened is that MAX "saw" your PXI, but not the hardware (notice the first one has no chassis or "slots"), then built another representation with all the devices included, but never got rid of the first (now-obsolete) entry.

You can probably delete it manually by right-clicking it and choosing Delete.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,087 Views)

Hi!

I delete duplicated device. But in my real device presented copy of the PXI-4464 board. How can I delete it?

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,056 Views)

I'm not so familiar with your hardware.  However, the 6682, among other things, is designed to let you synchronize hardware with another PXI, perhaps reached through its Ethernet port.  Your picture seems to show a second PXI (PXI2) that has a 4462 card in it (why it shows as a VISA connection is beyond me, but that may be the method of communication).

You appear to have hardware capable of "reaching out" to other systems.  If so, MAX will show all of the systems it can reach.  For example, I have a single camera in my office that I use with IMAQ, yet MAX shows me something like 30 cameras because they are all on the network and, potentially, MAX (and I) can "reach" them.

You might be able to temporarily edit MAX's internal file and "remove" that 4462 card from your display, but if my understanding of MAX is right, the next time it starts up, it will survey its surroundings, and if the device is there, it will show it.

Bottom line -- MAX is showing you what is available.  It does not mean you need to (or even can) use it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,049 Views)

Hi!

Thank you for answer! We use PXI-6653 + 6682 for disciplining PXI_CLk10. There is no any others PXI chassis in the network. And VISA can not open Test panel for this device.

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,040 Views)

What is the IP of your PXI1 chassis?  I notice that it says that the IP of PXI2 (whatever that is) is at 192.168.0.11.  Is your PXI in the same sub-net?  Is it the same address?  Is anything plugged into the Ethernet port on the 6682?  What happens if you try (from a Command prompt) Ping 192.168.0.11?

Of course, the larger question is "Does any of this matter?"  As I noted in my previous Note, MAX can find all sorts of things that we have no intention of using.  Maybe this is another example ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,036 Views)

Hi!

Chassis (i.e. 8101 controller) have IP 192.168.0.11 with 255.255.255.0 mask. In this logical network there is only my computer with IP 192.168.0.110. But  in physical network there are another group with IP 192.168.88.* and network card of my computer configured for two IP - 192.168.0.110 and 192.168.88.110

Ethernet on 6682 not used. I do not have any problems with chassis and boards. This mere curiosity.

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,030 Views)

What is the version of MAX you have installed?  Did you see this second duplicate chassis after upgrading your NI drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,936 Views)