cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering PXI 4081 from a PXIe4300

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to measure current and voltage of a system using a PXI 4300 module and a  PXI 4081 DMM module respectively. Both reside in the same PXIe-1078 chassis controlled by a PXIe-8135. PXIe-4300 module is triggered using analog window method. I would like to send a trigger signal to  DMM to synchronize current and voltage measurements ( t=0 is common for both systems). I was looking for examples and tutorials but could not find any thing that directly related.  Any advise is really appreciated.

thanks a lot

-Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dgiragama

In LabVIEW have you checked for examples in Help = FInd Examples -> Hardware IO -> Modular Instruments? There will be examples of how to run the code for the DMM, and then you can modify it to start at a trigger.

To trigger the DMM, you will need to export a trigger from the 4300 across the PXI Trig lines to the 4081 DMM with the DAQmx export trigger VI. Then the DMM can be pointed to the trig line the trigger is going across to start

This article may be helpful:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BD37A128B1DF27F3862570FC0072359D

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(2,511 Views)

Thanks a lot. your guidance helped me to a lot. I was able to get it working.  There was a seperate issue on the machine and I could not try it out soon. 

-Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,442 Views)