From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfer Rate of MXI 4

The Sustained Transfer Rate of MXI 4 is 78Mb/s, I need to check if Iam able to Transfer the Data really at that rate, is there any program or Utility to prove the Same.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,943 Views)

Hey Venkat,

A few things I wanted to mention:

1) These specs were verified by R&D, and usually, we're conservative with our specs. You can see from the specs listed below that at a fast rate, it can sometimes achieve a speed of 132 MBytes/sec (not sustained, but conservative on that aspect as-well)

2) The transfer rate would be 78MBytes/s so 8 times faster.

3) If you were to perform a simple data aquisition at those speeds, you should be able to test it. I would recommend opening labVIEW, put down a Daq Assistant, and try to transfer at those speeds. If you had a 16 bit card, remember that that is 2 bytes. So it would be 78,000 / 2 Hz for a 16 bit card, and I would keep the sample size as-well so that labVIEW isn't a limiting factor. I would go ahead and keep the sample size at 78.000/2 as-well, so 1 sample is sent per second.

Regards,

Nick D.

Message Edited by Nick D on 06-11-2007 01:43 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,929 Views)