From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Panels produce errors in MAX

I am trying to figure out why the Test Panel in Max gives errors for my PXI-6683H timing card.  I use NI-Sync in my application to read IRIG time.  It is displayed both in local and Zulu format.  It is also written to TDMS files.  The time looks correct both in the application and in the files.  So why is there an error in the Test Panel in MAX?  The Self Test runs without errors.  I've enclosed a PPT file that shows the error and the software on the Host and Target.  The Target is a PXIe-8840 controller in a PXIe-1075 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,558 Views)

Hi Faustina,

Thanks for the powerpoint, that's super helpful!

It looks like there's a driver difference between what's on your host and what's on the RT target. The application and file times look good because that's all run from just the target. The Test Panel is run from the host trying to access hardware on the target via the NI-Sync runtime. The host has version 18.1 and the target has version 16.0. For the test panel to work, both the NI-Sync on the host and NI-Sync runtime on the target should be the same.

What I find interesting is that on the host, MAX shows version 18.1 but the installer shows 16.0. 

I think the best bet is to reinstall NI-Sync on the host (make sure to install the NI-Sync Runtime) and then push the updated version to the target. You can also probably uninstall NI-Sync on the host, then reinstall version 16.0, then you should be on the same version as the target.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,516 Views)