PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing multiple PXI-6723 devices

I have a PXI chassis with 3 PXI6723 devices from which I wishto synchronize the outputs. In the "DAQmx start trigger" subvi I see that it is possible to specify Pxi_trig0 as a trigger source for all three modules, but how do I assert the trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,200 Views)

Hello ynskog,

You have to create an Mastertask and 2 Slavetask for your 3 devices. The easiest way to synchronize them would be to share a Sampleclock.

You can do that in your DAQmx Timing VI, there you can make a constant for your Sampleclock Source. You should choose there the Sampleclock from your mastertask.

You should be aware to start the slave task before the mastertask.

Another way would be to share a Mastertimebase and a start Trigger. Here you have to choose in the Timing Property Node the Mastertimebase and give them further to your slave task.

Furthermore your Slavetask need a Start Triggering VI and the Source has to be the Start Trigger of your Master task.

With this option you could do a hardware Trigger too. Be aware to start the Slave tasks before the Master task.

Attached are 2 simple examples for both ways. In the picture the Tasks are AI but its the same for AO.

Best regards,

Markus Mayr

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,108 Views)