cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing PXI-5421 arb with PXI-5114 scope on the older PXI-1000B shassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys.

I need to synchronize PXI-5421 ARB with PXI-5114 scope on the older PXI-1000B chassis in a way that once I trigger arb pulse in software scope immediately start recording signal. So far it's running on PXI Clock but pulse to pulse jitter I see on scope is about 40 ns. Is there any way to improve it without using PXI star trigger ()? I'm trying to implement reference trigger (it's suppose to have higher resolution) but not quite sure how to time everything correctly.

I read a tread "https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/PXI-External-Trigger-Jitter/td-p/1546524" and the guy seems to had same problem as me. No solution though. I need something like 1 ns - is it possible as all without dedicated timing card?

Thank you,

Sergiy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,444 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SergiyRT

Hi Sergiy,

I would recommend testing the FGen Reference Clock.vi shipping example in the LabVIEW Example Finder, where you'll be able to modify or configure the code to trigger the system closer to its specified jitter or skew. Otherwise, TClk is another way to tightly synchronize the system - an overview of it can be found here

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 4
(2,408 Views)

Hi Sergiy

as paigec said, I found that TCLK is the best way for synchronization too. some modules have TCLK synchronization method examples, but I have a lot of problem with implementing this method on my own modules. I use pxie 5170r modules there isn't any synchronization examples for that. I don't know how implement TCLK on it. if you find some ways please share with me thank's.

good luck   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,392 Views)

Sure I will.

Will post the best solution once I'll find it.

Sergiy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,170 Views)