PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing CANopen devices

Hello everybody,

I have a PXI-8531 which is connected with 4 analogue transmitter moduls(Transmitter-Modul: http://www.microcontrol.net/fileadmin/maindownload/manual/hb_mcan_trs_v2r00_de.pdf). I use LabView 2013 with the CANopen Library.

I hope I can explain my problem in an understandable way.

The problem is that when starting the program the moduls react differently. Sometimes a modul is working and sends messages and sometimes not. Sometimes they all work as they should and without problems. I start and stop the programm and the working and not working moduls change constantly.

If a modul doesn't work correctly,I get the warning 346634 for the module (explain error: The operation timed out. Specify a timeout long enough to complete the operation, or change the operation in a way that it can get completed in less time, for example read less data)(See workingwrong2).

If I change the timeout of the function TPDO Read I get the error 2147137014 (explain error: The operation timed out. Specify a sufficient timeout value for the operation, or improve the performance of the operation, for example read less data) instead of the warning(See Workingwrong1).

By varying the timeout, as well as the period of my timedloop, I could not recognize any pattern of a solution. Am I missing something? Do I use something wrong?

Hopefully I could get clear. I would realy apreciate any help!

Best regards,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,445 Views)

Hi J_Print,

Which CANopen library version is used in your project? I checked the VI that you provided. I think the error may be caused by that you put the 4 nodes read in one timed loop. I would suggest that you replace the Timed loop with the while loop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,418 Views)

Hello zhengchen,

thanks a lot for your response!

Where can I see which CANopen library Version I use?

I changed the Timed Loop to an while loop but the problem didn t change.

Moreover I used a Timed loop to controll the frequency of the sended data. Is this with a while loop also possible?

Best regards,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Hi J_Print,

You could use the NI MAX to check which CANopen library is used in your project.

I suggest that you connect your PXI-8531 with one analogue transmitter module and test again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,406 Views)

Hi zhengchen,

the Version of the CANopen library is 1.0.3.

The problem is that the modules are not always starting simultaneously, so connecting one module will not solve it....but thanks for your interest helping me!

Best regards,

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)