PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize two PXI-4132 SMUs via the PXI to provide I-V MOSFET measure

How I do for synchronize two PXI-4132 SMUs and/or a PXI-4132 with a PXI-4130 via the PXI backplane to provide I-V  measurements on MOSFET transistors and more complex devices?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,863 Views)

Good morning, i get this tutorial that can help you

Architecture Details of the NI PXI-4132 Precision SMU

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10266/en

Sincerely

Erick Yamamoto
Application Engineer
National Instruments Brazil

Visite a nossa comunidade em PORTUGUÊS!!!

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev Smiley face
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,803 Views)

Seixas,

The NI-DCPower driver installs an example that covers synchronizing of two devices (or two channels on the same device).

If you're using LabVIEW, it is the NI-DCPower Hardware-Timed Two-Channel Sweep.vi.

If you're using CVI, it is the NI-DCPower Hardware-Timed Two-Channel Sweep.prj.

If you are using a different programming language, the CVI example's .c file should provide you with a good starting point.

Either can be found using example finder.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,795 Views)

Tobias, first of all sorry I explained wrong! I´m needing to know:

How could I synchronize two differents SMUs boards in the same the PXI bus to provide I-V measures?

Thanks a lot!
Seixas.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,779 Views)

Seixas,

The example I pointed you to should work for two devices with a relatively minor change, which I neglected to mention. You can configure your events from one device to one PXI_TRIG line and the triggers on the other device to the same. Use a second PXI_TRIG line to output your events from the second device and configure the triggers on the first device to the second PXI_TRIG line.

For example (in the Hardware-Timed Two-Channel Voltage Sweep example):

On Resource 0, call Configure Digital Edge Source Trigger with PXI_TRIG0 as the input terminal, and drop the Export Signal VI on Resource 0, and configure it to export the Measure Complete Event on PXI_TRIG1.

On Resource 1, drop Export Signal VI and configure it to export the Sequence Iteration Complete Event on PXI_TRIG0. Replace the input string from Resource 0 on Resource 1's Configure Digital Edge Start Trigger and Configure Digital Edge Sequence Advance Trigger with PXI_TRIG1.

This has the result of having Resource 0 export the events you care about on PXI_TRIG1, and Resource 1 export its events on PXI_TRIG0. Each device then receives the events from the other device as inputs to its triggers. Because you are using the triggers on the PXI backplane, the PXI chassis will automatically route the triggers.

There is a small complication here if the two SMUs are in separate segments, in which case you will need to configure the segments to route triggers between them. You can do this either programmatically or from within MAX (select your chassis and view the Reservations on the Triggers tab).

That should do it. For more specifics on which triggers you may want to route when, this help topic should prove useful.

Good luck!

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,774 Views)

Tobias thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,629 Views)