PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize 5663 and 5673

Hi,

I am using 5652 of VSG 5673 as the transmitter and 5652 of VSA 5663 as the LO for the receiver part.

I need to use a single source which will transmit the signal as well as act as local oscillator for the receiver part. I have one option of using one 5652 only(from the 5663) and split the signal, one connected to a transmitting  antenna and the other acting as the local oscillator in 5601. But I want to use both the signal generators  and so was thinking if the two signal generators can be synchronized.

If I want to go with the second option, can I synchronize  5652 (from a5663) with a 5652 (from a 5673)?

Thanks so much,

Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,929 Views)

Hello Sharmi,

It's a little unclear from your post, but it sounds like you're using one 5652 as a CW source, and are using a 5663 (with a separate 5652) to capture received signals. 

1. Is it possible to use the same 5652 as an LO and CW source?

-no, these need to be controlled separately for this kind of application (i.e. separate amplitude & frequency control).

2. Is it possible to synchronize a 5652 (acting as a CW source) with a 5663?

Yes, it's possible to TClk these devices together, so that generation and acquisition start simultaneously. I believe my coworker has already forwarded you information on this subject in a separate service request.

In order for us to help you better, it may be valuable for you to provide a much more detailed description of your application. This may save on much of the back and forth communication, and would allow us to give you more specific assistance.

Cheers,

James M. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,920 Views)

Hi,

I tried using RFSA Synchronization with TClk and RFSG vi to generate a continuous wave using 5652 and acquire that signal using a 5663 for synchronus generation and acquisition, as suggested by Vimal. However, when executing 'niTClk Configure For Homogeneous Trigger' step, I am getting the following error -

-'Error-250027-NI TClk does not support the specified session.'.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks so much,

Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,915 Views)