PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronising Ni PXI-5421 and PXI-6551 and using the same trigger for each device

Hi I'm looking for information on synchronising the PXI-5421 and PXI-6551. My set-up involves generating digital control signals (using digital waveform editor .hws files) through 3 channels of the Pxi-6551 and then also acquiring a digital o/p using the 6551 also.
What i'm looking to do is synchronise the generation of an analog wave from the PXI-5421 (using the niFgen vi's) with the start of the acquisition and generation on the PXI-6551.
I'd be grateful for any information that you may be able to offer to help the situation.

Message 1 of 3
(2,886 Views)
Hi Cliffy,

You should use the niHSDIO Export Signal.vi using the "Data Active Event" on the signal input and "PXI Trigger Line0/RTSI0" (or one of the other RTSI lines or PFI lines if you prefer) on the output terminal. You should also use the niFgen Configure Trigger.vi and select the same source as you selected on the output terminal of the niHSDIO Export Signal.vi. You will probably also need to use the niFgen Configure Trigger Mode.vi and select the appropriate trigger mode (probably single or continuous). There are some examples in LabVIEW which you could amalgamate and use, you can find them by launching the example finder from the LabVIEW splashscreen by Open>>Examples then navigate to Hardware input and Output>>Modular Instruments>>NI-FGEN or NIHSDIO.

Hope this helps,

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,876 Views)
Thanks Nick will have a go at implementing this.
Message 3 of 3
(2,874 Views)