PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot 4 of PXI-1033 issue

Hey,

How are you deploying your code to the RTOS?

I would create the RTOS from NI MAX to assure that it will work properly with all of our software. YOu can create the RTOS by following the step in this KB: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LZiSAM

I would make a copy of your Image before making any big changes on your computer.

If the problem is with the RTOS, this is a good step to try.

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(679 Views)

I've done that - same results

I've created a new project that only has the NI demo VI in it - same results.

I've swapped card in the slots - same results.

I've changed chassis - same results..

I have 2 systems that do the same thing.......

I've tried triggers, no triggers - same results.

I've tried self calibration - same results

I've run the self test a number of times - always complete successfully

I'm trying to revert one system back down to DAQmx 15 to see if that makes any difference...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(677 Views)

Hi DogOnWood,

It doesn't seem like there is an easy answer to this question. From our point of view, the best method to get support from National Instruments is to create a service request. You can contact us from our website: http://www.ni.com/contact-us/en-us

With our service requests, we can use additional resources to help work with you on this issue. If the forum community does not have information to provide to this issue, this is your best step forward.

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(666 Views)

thanks Mike,

but from my point of view I am going to have a hard time convincing the power that be that we should spend a metric butt load of cash to get you to help fix a problem with your software.

Service contract renewal is listed at ~9K (we have a lot of your tools)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(664 Views)

I tried something else, I removed the interface card from the RTOS system and plugged it into the Windows PC

The problem goes away - so definitely something to do with the RTOS or RTOS tools......

I've reformatted the RTOS HD and reinstalled all the drivers with no change in behavior - could there be something on the Windows side that affects the RTOS operation?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(658 Views)