PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot 4 of PXI-1033 issue

I have a PXI-1033 connected to a RTOS system, 3 PXI-6133 in slots 2-4, a PXI-2536 in slot 5 and PXI-7811R in slot 6, system is setup with DAQmx 16.0.0,  chassis shows up fine as do all the cards, self test on the PXI6133 say OK. 

this is not a new system, it has been used extensively for the last 4 years

Using NI demo  Voltage - Finite Input.vi - I can trigger and capture from slots 2 and 3 (PXI1Slot2/ai0:7,PXI1Slot3/ai0:7) Trigger is set as digital reference /PXI1Slot2/PFIO, rising edge 5 pretrigger samples, work as expected.

However if I add slot4 it fails, acts like it never triggers.eventually times out with a data not all acquired error. I've tried just capturing on slot 4 by itself using it's PFIO trigger - same results.

I've swapped out slot 4s PXI-6133 with another - same results. Until I swapped the cards the hardware has not been touched.

I can also communicate and control the 2536 and the 7811R without any issues, sadly I do not have another 1033 to swap it out with.

any idea's on how to figure out exactly what is wrong?  Rather odd that it would just start doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,903 Views)

Hi DogOnWood,

Here are some questions for you:

Was this behaviour happening before when running this example?

When you add slot 4, do you get any errors?

Is there any other strange behaviour with slot 4?

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,876 Views)

thanks, Michael,

Not sure, system had been brought down for maintenance (unrelated to PXI and was working at that point) and my software would hang when we tried to bring it back online.

I'm using the demo vi as it very similar to the way my actual code it written - just a lot less overhead.

If I try to use slot 4 I will get a error sometimes, most of the time it just hangs forever on the DAQmx Read, when I do get and error it is -200284.

I've swapped card and interrupt lines and the issue is always on slot 4

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,874 Views)

we swapped out the 1033 for a 1036 - I also hooked up a monitor to the RTOS, we get the same results (all different cards by the way) and I noticed that  one of the CPU's is maxed out at 100% load and 83% ISR

starting to look like some RTOS/LabVIEW issue  as apposed to a Hardware issue.

need to verify the triggers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,872 Views)

Hi,

What controller are you using? Are you able to swap it out for a different one?

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,859 Views)

on the 1033 the controller is built in, on the 1036 we are using a PXI-8360

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,856 Views)

we have a second system that we were bringing.  up to the same specs as the first, that is where the 1036 came from.

I've since set it up (labVIEW 16, RTOS PC w/pharlap 13.1) and I'm getting the same results.

put the 1033 back into the first system, same results.

Capture card it slot 2 works fine, slot 3 kind of works sometimes, slot 4 not at all.

I tried running with no trigger, 2 works fine, 3 is slow and tends to not get all data, then hang, 4 nothing - hangs.

using DAQmx 16.0.0, could there be a issue with the combination of what is on the RTOS side?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,845 Views)

What version of PXI Platform Services are you running? What version of LabVIEW Real Time are you using?

Here is an article that talks about some of the compatibilities with PXI Platform Services:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52866/en/

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,839 Views)

everything but switch is set for 16.0.0

attached is a screen grab of the loaded software and a  error I get when doing a self calibration on the slot 3 6133.

slot 2 works fine, slot 4 never comes back when we run self cal - just like when we try to do a capture..........

this is true on both systems.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,836 Views)

when I do the self calibration I get this error from slot 3

"A transfer is already in progress. The operation could not be completed as specified"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,828 Views)