From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate PXI-1033

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Afternoon,

I am in need of some clarification on PXI simulation through MAX.   I have a PXI-1033 chassis (integrated MXI to PCIe) and several PXI modules on order.   As they will take several weeks to arrive, naturally I would like to simulate these devices and begin building VIs.

As I understand the infomation in the knowledge base and forums, all I have to do is simulate the PXI modules themselves in MAX and simulate nothing for the PXI-1033 chassis.

Is this correct?   Any reassurances would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Zach

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,827 Views)
Solution
Accepted by super-neuron

Hey Zach,

You are correct. We cannot simulate a PXI-1033 chassis, but because it is just an expansion chassis, we do not need to. You can simulate the modules themselves in MAX under DAQmx devices and then you should be able to start writing code.

Good Luck and Thank you,

Ryan

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(3,813 Views)

I have created simulated PXIe-4143 and PXIe-4137 devices in NI MAX.  However, the device routes for triggering do not show in NI MAX and aren't shown in LabVIEW.  How can I get the trigger routes to be listed to program triggers with the simulated modules?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,358 Views)

Looks like the DCPower driver has a bug or limitation, it does not load the Device Routes in NI MAX whereas the DAQmx simulated devices load them properly.

Looks like you've to work based on the user manual that lists the available routes.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(1,354 Views)