From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe UDP packet loss with PXIe-8234

Hi,

I am experiencing severe UDP packet loss using a PXIe-8234 compared to using the GigE port on the PXIe-8135 processor in the same chassis.

I use exactly the same code, same GigE device (the source of the UDP packets) - the only difference is which IP address I listen on and thus which cable I plug the cross-over cable into.

My system is: PXIe-1071 with a PXIe-8135 CPU, in slot 2 is a PXI-6229 and in slot 3 is a PXIe-8234.

I was under the impression that these PXIe cards in the hybrid slots will give me the same performance as I get with the on-board GigE ports. If this is what I should be seeing but am not, are there any obvious settings I should check or pitfalls I should be avoiding?

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,436 Views)

Hi AnthonV,

I want to make sure I understand correctly: you are sending images over a third GigE device, and recieving them using either the 8234 hardware or the port on the 8135?  What rate are you transmitting these images at from the source device?  The second slot should give you 1 GB/s as it is a PCIe x4.  If you're not transferring faster than that and aren't using the other card simultaneously it could be a driver issue. What LabVIEW, OS, and relevant driver versions are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,421 Views)