PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Decimal data

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to use serial VISA to send decimal command to third party sig gen via RS232. The command to be sent from the PXI system to the sig gen are as follows.

This is the command plus the checksum. The connection is USB to UART bridge.

1.) Decimal: 115 48 54 56 68 85

Greg B

v-grbarn@microsoft.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,258 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author V-dash

Hello Greg,

So you're trying to do this, but how are you trying to do this?  Are you seeing errors?  Do you know know how to even get started?  Please give us a few more details on what your situation is so that more productive advice can be offered.  Thanks.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,246 Views)

Thanks ColeTrain,

i got passed this issue. I have a different question however.

Setup: Moving to development system consisting of the following:

This system is used for development only. Developing for PXI-1031, but need to develop the code on PXI-1033 with PCI express card 8360.

At this point I am tring to get the working code, on the PXI 1031with embedded controller, to run properly on my PXI-1033 utilizing the 8360 express card.

HW setup:

PXI-1033 utilizing the 8360 express card

PXI-5124

PXI-6508

The Issue:

I get error -1074126845 at niScope wait for Acquisition to finish.vi

It seems I have a triggering issue.

The LINK light flashes RED when my code is tring to measure a 1KHz tone at around 120mV. The error I recieve back is from the Initiate acquisition vi. I believe this is a trigger issue but cannot figure out why or how to resolve, can you help?

I have attached my vi and error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,229 Views)

Hello Greg,

The error is telling you that you've timed out before all of your records have been aquired as set by the niScope wait for Acquisition to finish.  Which brings me to my next point, why are you using that VI?  I know it was handy for a while, but the Scope MultiFetch Cluster is a blocking call and will not return data until it has all been aquired making the wait to acquire not even needed.  

So here're a few suggestions.  

1. Ensure that you are hitting your voltage levels on your signal that you are triggering off of.  I am sure that you have probably already done this, but if not, the Soft Front Panel is useful for quick verification of the signals you're looking at.

2.  Verify if this happens in every case, or just a few of them.

3. Report this error with the extra info that you gain from here in a new post in the High-Speed Digitizer forum as it's usually better to split up each problem on the forum and also there will be more users familiar with these problems in each specific forum.  Hope this helps!

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,207 Views)