From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR graph in log scale

Hi,

I am working on a project with PXI 5663 and PXI 5673 where I have a complex base-band signal and I want to measure the SNR of the signal. I searched in NI discussion forums and found I could use the SINAD vi. I used it but I wan to plot the results with the Y-axis in dB scale and the X-axis in log frequency scale (like the axes for Bode plot).

Could someone please tell me if there is a vi I could use to do it or how can I scale the axes in graph properties?

thanks so much,
Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,369 Views)

Hi Sharmi,

Right-click on the Waveform Graph on the  front panel. Go to X-Scale>>Mapping>>Logarithmic. How did you make the calculation using the Sinad VI? Are you referring to the SINAD Analyzer.vi? Have you tried to scale the Y values yourself using math functions or the Formula Node structure?

Regards,

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,357 Views)

Yes I have used the SINAD analyzer vi. I have not tried math function or formula node since I am not sure how to do that.

Thanks,

Sharmi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,355 Views)

Hi Sharmi,

Page 6 of this http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/tutorials/MT-003.pdf explains the relationship between SNR, SINAD, and THD. You can make the conversions yourself from linear to logarithmic and then compute SNR by following the formulas. One way to do this is with the Math Function. Information on how to use the Formula Node can be found here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7572/en, otherwise use the math functions found on Programming>>Numeric, etc. I don't believe there is anything already pre-built for this.

Regards,

Jason L

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,333 Views)