PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Digital Pattern Generator and Labview simultaneously

I need to run the digital pattern generator to get the IC into a particular state and then run LabView to raise the voltage on some of the channels while monitoring current on them.  I tried a simple experiment of setting one channel to 1V with the pattern generator, then started LV and could not control the same channel to raise its voltage.  I don't want to write my entire digital test that gets the IC into the desired state in LV to do this.  I would rather use the pattern generator.  I also don't know how to monitor current from the pattern generator.  Does anyone know a simple way to do this in either the pattern generator, or combo of it and LV?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,107 Views)

Hi Theman,

As far as your first description goes, you will not be able to work with the same channel in both the pattern generator and LabVIEW. Once the resource has been reserved by one program it will be unavailable for configuration and reservation elsewhere. Could you provide some insight into what devices you have in your testing system?

Hunter D.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,078 Views)

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for responding.

I have a couple of PXIe-6570's in the system.  Simply what I am trying to do is set thing up digitally using the 6570's through the pattern editor.  I then want to raise some of the voltages up from nominal to stress the part.  I can do this if I wrote the entire JTAG control and digital setup in LV, but was hoping I didn't have to.  I need to do the stress part in LV since I need to monitor and log currents which I can't do in the pattern editor.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,075 Views)