PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Defective Card from Slot, Now Get "Insufficient Location Info" Error

I had a PXI-5402 in slot 2 of my PXI-1033 chassis. It was damaged, so I removed it to send for repair. I ran NI MAX, removed the 5402 from the config and saved it. However, I continue to get error messages saying "Insufficient location information or the device is not present in the system".

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,870 Views)

Hi jvavra,

When do you see this error? Are you trying to open a session with the device in a program? If it's being referenced, but not there, it would make sense that MAX wouldn't be able to find it.

Mathew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,846 Views)

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply.

While my program normally does contain calls to establish sessions w/ the -5402, I commented these out. It actually seems to be occuring during calls to a DIFFERENT (still present) module: a PXI-4065 DMM card.

-Josh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,842 Views)

Josh,

My guess would be that the name may have changed in MAX, and that change was not reflected in the program. Can you confirm that the name of the device you see in MAX is still the same name you're using in the program?

Also, with the possibility that your MAX database was corrupted with the hardware change, I would attempt a MAX Database Reset.

Mathew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,799 Views)