PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Peer to Peer Streaming using the PXIe-7965R

I am interested in implementing a peer to peer stream between two PXIe-7965R modules in a PXIe-1062Q chassis also equipped with a PXIe-8130 RT controller.  In doing so, I began by attempting to run the example project provided in LabVIEW 2010 entitled, "Peer to Peer - Basic.lvproj".  However, after successfully compiling the related FPGA bitfiles, and initiating a run of the provided "Peer to Peer - Basic.vi" VI on my Host PC, I recevied the following error message.

Error -63193 occurred at Peer to Peer - Basic.vi
Possible reason(s):
NI-RIO:  (Hex 0xFFFF0927) The requested feature is not supported.

Immediately after closing the error message and within the VI block diagram, the final "Close FPGA VI reference" block associated with the reader VI, PXIe-7965R FPGA, was highlighted.  I'm not sure what the source of this problem may be and would greatly appreciate any help.  Thanks - Doug.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,279 Views)

What happens when you try moving the card to a different slot? Also, have you seen this link?

Thanks,

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,256 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions, Kareem, but I'm afraid it hasn't cured the problem.  I placed the two PXIe-7965R boards into slots 3 and 5 which according to the chassis manual support the PXIe standard.  The link you also shared wasn't of much help either.  

By any chance, have you had any luck running a peer to peer stream on your system?  If so, would you mind sharing your code with me?

Thannks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,249 Views)

Have you made any modifications to the code?

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,241 Views)

No, I haven't.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,238 Views)

Doug,

I have escalated this issue to the FlexRIO product support engineer. I will contact you as I receive more information.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,218 Views)

Hi Doug,

Can you please provide the version for the following:

• LabVIEW
  • NI-RIO (driver)
  • FlexRIO Adapter Module Support (driver)
Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,206 Views)

I'm running

LabVIEW 2010 SP1 version 10.0.1

NI-RIO version 3.6

NI FlexRIO version 1.5

Hope that helps.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,190 Views)

It does, thanks. I will keep you posted.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,168 Views)

He Doug,

I have some troubleshooting steps for you. I just noticed that you are using NI-RIO 3.6 with LV 2010 SP1. I recommend that you upgrade your RIO driver to 3.6.1 because that was released with LV 2010 SP1. Also, the NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Support (driver) is currently at version 2.1.2. (a significant change relative to your installed version) I recommend that you upgrade your PC and RT controller both to the latest versions of each driver. In the end, we are able to get the example code to compile and run the "Peer to Peer - Basic.lvproj" example for all three cards/slots (to and from) using a combination of PXIe 2x 7965R and 1x PXIe 7961R cards.

If updating the drivers does not correct you issue, please follow the steps listed below:

1. Package up all files and post it on the forum

2. We'll run the code to see if we can generate the error

Also, the error says it occurred at "Peer to Peer - Basic.vi" which is the host VI for the example. Can you please:

1. Send Screenshots of their Host VI

2. Pinpoint where exactly in the VI the error is coming from (using debugging tools)

Thanks,

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,092 Views)