PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSG - Determining the right block size (block-size)

Hello all,

I am having trouble establishing my own arbitrary waveform stream using the NI-PXI-5673.  I have a recorded 3GB waveform that needs to stream at an IQR of 6.25MSps (therefore it will run for 2 minutes and then stop).  When I run this file with the  provided example "ArbitraryWaveformStreaming" I see it play for 2 minutes and then repeat (I know it is supposed to repeat, and it is repeating precisely every 2 minutes).  With the same RFSG settings on my code , however, the file will stop streaming (having apparently written all samples to the waveform generator) after about 1min40sec.  I'm wondering if this issue could at all be fixed by adjusting the block size parameter of the RFSGsession.  Thoughts?  My only other lead is that my code varies from the example in that I left out the Monitor.wait(sync) bits (basically, I left out the threadpool and instead simply started two threads for the producer and consumer that run asynchronously without waiting for each other).  That said, I am programming in the .NET framework.  Answers based around LabVIEW will likely not be helpul.

Thank you,

cmuss

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,096 Views)

Hi cmuss,

Based on the behavior you're describing, I don't think changing the block size would fix the issue. It seems like between the example and your code, you code is dropping some data points and that's why it's only transmitting for 1min 40sec. I think it would be helpful to compare the 1min 40sec worth of data you have transmitted against the 2 min worth of data you're supposed to have transmitted to see which points are missing. That can give you some indication on where the problem lies. 

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,045 Views)