From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pxie 1082 power supply failure

I have a pxie 1082 chassis that is populated  with a 8133 controller. The system is about 6 years old.

It will turn on ok in the beginning. But after a while the powerOK/fault light will flash red, and the controller will shut off with no response. 

Once this happened I can no longer turn the controller on. There is no response except the red light. If I wait for a day or two it can be turned on again for an hour or so.

I suspect it is a power supply failure.  From the manual of PXIe 1082 it says the power supply shuttle can be replaced. I wonder where can i get one. There is no information on National Instrument website.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,188 Views)

Hi BingW,

I think you're correct, this does sound like a power supply problem. If you call into NI sales at  (877) 387-0015, ask about part number 780322-01. This should be the part number for the PXIe-1082 power supply shuttle.

As an FYI, I found the part number by going to the PXIe-1082 product page and kept pressing "Continue" until it got me to the page that shows the available accessories

Additionally, you can find it in the PXI Advisor. Select the 1082 from the Chassis tab, then click on the Options/Accessories tab. Select the Replacement power and fan shuttle. Then, click on the Summary tab and it'll show you the part number.

image.png

Message 2 of 2
(3,168 Views)