PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse generation

I have a NI device,which is pxi 5412.Now,I  want to generate a  series of pulses whose number of pules can be generate  as what i have setted.such as ,I want to generate  a signal which just containing nine pules as i have setted.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,986 Views)

Dear carmen9 ,

Thanks for you suggestion,But i think your idea doesn't  fit me. Because my device is PXI 5412 which is  drived by NI Fgen rather then by DAQmx.NOW,i can generate a series of pules in low frequency ,and the number of the pules can be controled as i want.However, when i increase the frequency  of the pules, the number of the pules can't be generated as i want. espacially,it's period approch to 1 ms. Following is my idea for generating such signal.

I use the drive of NI Fgen to drive my device,and configure the niFgen Output Mode to Standard Function,then  configure the function generator in user mode,in the next,create a pulse signal defined by me.Finally initiate generation according to programmed settings.Here,i use a structure of for loop  in which signal is generated. So ,i accord to the frequecy to get the period of the signal, then control the loop's excuting time for one time.At last i can control the excuting times for  loop to generate the numbers of the pules as i want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,981 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,966 Views)