From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming PXI SMUs using LabWindows/CVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a PXIe-1083 chassis with 4 PXI-2535 switch matrix cards and one PXIe-4141 card installed. I am new to PXI system so I started from PXIe-4141 examples. 

I was able to compile and run NI-DCPower Source DC Current example. But when I try to read the code, there are functions that I couldn't find any documentation.

niModInstCVICust_NewCtrl()

niModInstCVICust_DiscardCtrl()

I also have problems finding documentations and command sets on how to program those switch matrix and smus. Really appreciate if somebody can give me some advices!

Regards,

Yimin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AmyJing

Yimin,

I am assuming by the mention of niModInstCVICust_NewCtrl() that you are using CVI.

The niModInstCVICust_*Ctrl() functions are pseudo-private entry points which allow for automatic population of the Resource Name drop-down control while the CVI example is running. It is a usability feature NI provides for products which support NI-ModInst.

What version of NI-DCPower and NI-SWITCH do you have installed?

I would recommend looking at the NI-SWITCH CVI examples as well, particularly "Handshaking with an NI-DMM".

Both NI-DCPower and NI-SWITCH install help files, including sections where you can learn about the various API functions. They are also available on ni.com. Here is NI-DCPower's and NI-SWITCH's.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(956 Views)

Hi Tobias,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, I am using LabWindow/CVI 2017 for developing language. The drivers' version I installed as following. Are those the right version?

NI-Switch: 22.8.0.49363

NI-DCPower: 22.8.0.49662

Thanks a lot for the links! 

Regards,

Yimin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(935 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AmyJing

Yes, those are the drivers you need for these instruments, and those versions are perfectly fine. It wouldn't hurt to upgrade to the very latest, though.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(925 Views)

Thank you so much, Tobias!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(914 Views)