From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with simultaneous AI and DO tasks: Error -89137

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI system with two X-series PXIe-6345 modules. I have to create an AI Countinuous Sampling task, to acquire data from channels in these two modules, which runs fine. Then my application requires to to create a DO task and Counter task some time later, when the AI task is running. But I get following Error:

Error -89137 occurred at Test_DO_Write chn.vi

Possible reason(s):

Specified route cannot be satisfied, because it requires resources that are currently in use by another route.

Property: RefClk.Src
Source Device: PXI1Slot2
Source Terminal: None

Required Resources in Use by
Task Name: _unnamedTask<53>
Source Device: PXI1Slot2
Source Terminal: PXIe_Clk100
Destination Device: PXI1Slot2
Destination Terminal: RefClockInternal

Task Name: _unnamedTask<51>

(unnamedTask<51> is DO task and _unnamedTask<53> is AI task in the above message)

I get this error whenever I try to create a new DO or Counter task in the same 6345 module, during an ongoing AI acquisition.It looks like the DO task is trying to access the Int.Ref.Clock line, to which a 100MHZ clock is already routed for the AI task. I tried to assign this 100MHZ clock, as Ref. clock for the DO task, using propery node. But it returns error indicating 'harware not supported;. 

I am attaching a VI to explain this issue.

Arun
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,069 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ArunJ

The proble has been resolved. By setting the PXI 100MHZ backplane clock (PXIe_Clk100) as the reference clock for both AI and DO tasks, using DAQmx Timing property nodes "ReferenceClock.Source" and ReferenceClock.Rate", things are working properly.

Arun
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,023 Views)