cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem from PXI 5112 to PXI 5114

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We have been using NI PXI with NI PXI 5112, 4060, and 2503 (PXI 1000B). We are using NI Scope 3.1 on XP 32 bit.

On a second testbench, we are using same cards but we replaced the 5112 by the 5114 using the same NI Scope 3.1.

On both testbenchs we are using LabView 7.0, TestStand 3.0 and GOOP (Graphic Oriented Object Programming).

The problem is in our test platform, i need to modify some VI's for the NI Scope Class. The problem appear when i initialize the instrument by getting the "instrument driver revision" for example. I know the driver is different for the 5114, it use the new NI DAQmx, whereas the 5112 use the traditionnal DAQ.

I have the following queries:

1. The correct adress in order to use NI PXI 5114 is like " PXI25::14::Instr " ?

2. Where can we modify parameters of NI PXI 5114 in order to fit with NI PXI 5112 ?   

3. Are they other things to change?

4. Are there another solutions ?

Thank you.

The NI PXI 5112 is no longer availaible by NI. I found it in some ebay sellers or some other but we already have the hardware now.

Best regards,

Joffrey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,106 Views)

Here is some more informations.

niScope labview class had been written for NI 5112. In attached file are screenshots about VIs which are causing some troubles.

In ScopeNI5112_Open.vi, a solution would be to modify the way of intializing the scope. Maybe by using an other VI than niScope Initialize.vi.

ScopeNI5112_Open-vi_.png

In this VIs, the NI Scope Initialize subVIs doesn't get the Instrument Driver Revision.

The error :

" code: -1073807343 source: niScope Initialize.vi
                       <ERR>Insufficient location information or the requested device or resource is not present in the

system."

appear at the end of our test.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,090 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JordanG

Problem solved. I uninstall and install again the NI Scope driver and put an allias (NIScope5114) for the address instead of classical address DAQ::3.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,024 Views)