From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem detecting modules in PXI-1033 chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've run into difficulties operating my PXI-1033 which has two XIA Pixie-4 modules installed. Up until recently the system was working properly, however now I am unable to detect and use the modules using XIA's software even though, according to Windows both modules are "working properly". Nothing has changed between the time that it was working and now (that I know of!)

I suspect the problem involves the chassis, since when I place a module in the slot-6, the chassis won't power-up. It will power-up with any other slot occupied.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,623 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnod

Hello jnod,

Did these modules ever show up in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), if so do they show up now?

Also if you have other NI hardware I would be interested to know if the PXI chassis boots when you have an NI module in slot 6.

Does the chassis refuse to boot when either Pixie-4 module is in slot 6?

You probably already know this but, did you turn on the PXI chassis before you turned on your computer?

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,618 Views)