PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button event

Does PXI chassis log if power button was used to power it off?

Is that event accessible in RT?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,685 Views)

Hi drakkar,

Can you provide a little bit more information about what your end goal is? How are you trying to use this event? Is this event going to an external source or are you trying to log it on the PXI itself?

Here is a bit more information about event-driven programming if that is what you are trying to use this in:

Event-Driven Programming in LabVIEW
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3331/en/ 

Thanks!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,649 Views)

Trying to log that even if possible or want to know if PXI logs it by itself. I would like to know if PXI just lost power or someone walked over and power cycled it by pressed the power button.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,647 Views)

Hi drakkar,

If the controller loses power (power outage, unplugged from the socket, etc.), the normal power off procedure is not followed and there would be no event to be logged.

If the controller is power cycled in the normal manner, the power off procedure would depend on the OS that the controller is running. There are likely events that you could catch and log in a program, but you should look further into the power off procedure of your particular OS. 

So in short, yes it is possible to log power off events. 

Hope this helps!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,633 Views)

PXI runs Pharlap RT. I have yet to find any documentation if such events exist. Can anyone shed some light on that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,627 Views)

I feel your pain. Don't you hate it when someone powers off your chassis without asking? I hope you catch the culprit! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,618 Views)