From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoCL with FlexRIO 7962R and 1483 module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks!

I am using a PXIe platform to do some video acquisition/processing. I am using a FlexRIO 7962R with a 1483 module (and therefore a Camera Link connection between the 1483 and the camera).

Using LabVIEW examples, I managed to develop a project to acquire videos and save them on the controler's hard drive. In that application, the camera is powered by its own cable, seperated from the Camera Link cable used to connect the camera and the 1483 module.

Now, I would like to use the CL cable to power the camera, and get rid of the other cable. The CL cable I use is compatible with Power over Camera Link. But I can't find any information on wether the FlexRIO 7962R and the 1483 module allow to use PoCL or not. Does anyone have information on PoCL? Do you have a clue on how I can do that with the platform I have?

I had a look on the specifications of a frame grabber I am using on another computer. It seems PoCL is provided through pins 1 and 26 of the CL connector. Does anyone know if the pins 1 and 26 are connected to the electronic circuit in the 1483 module? Is there any way to configure the FPGA so that power can be delivered through those pins?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Have a good day.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucG

1483 doesn't support PoCL. Both 1 and 26 pins a re DGND.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,669 Views)

Tanks for your answer Kate.

That's what I saw. I hoped it would be sort of a default setting that could be changed programmatically with the FPGA. But I guess it is not. That's a shame...

By the way, why is it called "DGND" and not just "GND"? What is the "D" for? "Digital" Ground...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,664 Views)

Yes, it's digital ground.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,662 Views)