From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe acquiring and disk streaming speed

Good evening,

I need to acquire and stream to disk the status of N.8 digital lines at 100 MHz clock, idest 100MBytes/sec data rate, in continuously mode (without data loss) for five minutes.

I've thought to a PXIe configuration with:

PXIe 6544 High speed DIO,

PXIe 1071 Chassis,

PXIe Controller with solid state H.D. option.

Is that configuration enough?

Thanks.

Natalino Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,314 Views)

Hello Roberto,

According to NI PXIe-6544 specifications, you should be able to achieve typical data streaming rates 400 MB/s for acquisition and 400 MB/s for generation. So, you shouldn't face with any issue from this side.

Does your application provide an host interface communicating with embedded application? If doing so, you may need to design your application according real time guidelines.

Let me know if you need help or additional assistance.

Have a nice day.

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,300 Views)

Thank you Matteo,

my goal is simply to save all data (without loss) on the local Hard disk at 100Mbytes/sec rate, continuously in the time for 5 minutes at least.

The data processing will be an off-line operation so it is not necessary a more complex architecture, but my concern is the real sustainability of that data flow from NI6544 to the Hard disk.

Thank you again.

Natalino Roberto 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,298 Views)