From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8375 not seen on Windows 10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I had a PC with Windows 7 pro and a PCIe-8375 on it, and a PXIe-8375 on a PXIe 1085 rack with a fiber optic cable between them, and all the cards Inside the rack was well seen by NI-Max.

I've upgrade this PC with Windows 10 pro, but now only the PCIe-8375 is seen by NI-Max.

I've tried to use the "NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility software", as suggested in NI Forum, but this software doesn't work on this PC (probably because it had a multi root PCI bus).

What can i do to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,059 Views)

Hi !

Did you tried the tests described in this document : http://www.ni.com/tutorial/53268/en/ ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,043 Views)

Yes i've already read "MXI Compatibility and Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide".

Situation1:

The "MXIe Compatibility Software 1.5" doesn't work on a HP Z620. After installation, the system doesn't boot no more, I had to remove it to reboot normally again (Mode 1 of the PCI card wad well enabled).

Situation2:

The card PCIe-8375  is well seen by NI-Max but is not displayed on the peripheral device manager of Windows.

The PX ressource manager was well started.

I've tried to reinstall the lastest PXI Platefrom Services 18.0.

I've trid to plug the PCI card on others PCI Slots.

Situation 3:

I've no error code in peripheral device manager.

The only thing I've not yet try is to upgrade the BIOS firmware, but once more again, all was well working on the same PC under Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,039 Views)

p.luscher,

What happens when the PCIe card Mode 1 is disabled (BIOS Compat Mode = Off)?  It won't work with BIOS compat mode on unless the compatibility software is installed.  You need to have the switch off or the software installed.

Enabling Mode 1 and installing the MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software is a workaround for a poor BIOS, so if there are BIOS updates then there's a chance they've fixed the problems that required you to install the workaround.  I'd recommend trying the latest BIOS.

The PCIe-8375 shows up in device manager under system devices.  It will be listed as several PCI-to-PCI bridges, or maybe a PCIe Switch Upstream Port and a PCIe Switch Downstream Port.  If it shows up in MAX then it is present in device manager.

- Robert

Message 4 of 6
(3,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p.luscher

I've tried to use the same fiber optic chain on an other computer with Windows 10, and this time, after the installation of the 'MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software', all cards plugged on the chassis PXI-1085 were well seen.

So It seems that it is an hardaware issue (here an HP Z620 workstation).

If I well understand the readme of this compatibility software, I think the issue come from the multi root PCI bus present on this PC which is not supported.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,986 Views)

I upgraded my system to a new computer and changing the dip-switch from 1 to 0 fixed my communication problem (not installing the Bios Compatibility).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,541 Views)