PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8360, Issues with Connection to Laptop Thinkpad P51

Dear All,

I just purchased Thinkpad P51(latest version for mobile workstation of LENEVO), since it has Express card 34 interface(that's why I bought it). My computer configuaration is WIN10 Pro.

When I connected PXIe-8360 into P51 to remote control PXIe-1703 with PXIe-5105, When I checked NI MAX, nothing happened. 

Then, I install <NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software>, version 1.5.0;  My OS WIN 10 crushed,  then I need fix my OS, found that it only support WINXP, WIN7 WIN8. can not support WIN10.

Can anyone support me to solve this issue?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,660 Views)

Then, for P51, I changed my OS WIN10 PRO into WIN7 SP1, but found that the P51 driver is not ready for WIN7 SP1.  so, only PXIe-8360 card can be found on NI MAX. but the chassis PXIe-1073 and its cards PXIe-5105 still can not be found. 

Maybe, there are two ways to solve this problem:

1) one is to use thunderbolts 3 port (TB3-TB2-SONNET) as the previous article in this forum;

2) NI will update <NI MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software>, version 1.5.0 to support WIN10 PRO.

Since this PXIE-1073 will be used on site(no in lab), 1) is not good way, may not be accepted by the client.

Hope your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,590 Views)

Today, I changed my mobile station P51 with WIN10 PRO into P50 with WIN7 Pro.

it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,524 Views)

Hi,

I've experienced the same problem, on my P51, which does not happen with the laptops my colleagues use, who use different models. The computer refuses to restart after running the BIOS compatability software, and has to be recovered through a previous restore point. Going to try the new PXIe-8301 thunderbolt remote control module.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,240 Views)

Did you sole your problem by PXIe-8301 thunderbolt remote control module?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,079 Views)

Sorry, since the budget problem, PXIe-8301 is not purchased yet. However, I believe it shall work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,073 Views)

I also had this problem with my ThinkPad P51, and we solved it by buying the PXIe-8301 thunderbolt module. It works fine now. But we're of course not very happy to have to purchase such a pricy product to resolve such a... basic incompatibility.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,070 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. It will be my plan B. 

Does anyone have any experience with connection to a Win7 but installed on a Virtual Machine?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,055 Views)

Compatibility is unfortunately an endless battle since NI does not control what PC vendors can do with their BIOS. However, you should experience much improvements with Thunderbolt because PC vendors have to follow a minimum set of Thunderbolt rules to be certified. 

@mcmarik wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. It will be my plan B. 

Does anyone have any experience with connection to a Win7 but installed on a Virtual Machine?

I do not believe Thunderbolt is fully supported through Virtual Machine. Your experience may vary depending on VM/OS/what device you are connecting.

Best regards,
Nick

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,036 Views)