PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8135 boot issue

Hi all,

When I boot embedded controller(PXIe-8135), it often stops at welcome screen and even can't go into BIOS setup. I noticed that there is a code at lower right side of welcome screen. When the code is "A2" or "B2", the PXIe-8135 could boot normally. But when the code is "98" or "B4", the PXIe-8135 will stop at welcome screen. So I guess the code indicates some problems when the  PXIe-8135  booting. Does anyone know about this code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,455 Views)

pengsilun,

Postcode 0x98 corresponds to "Console input devices connect".  Be careful though - even though postcode 0x98 might be the last code displayed on the monitor output, that might not be the last code to have been executed.  Off the top of my head, I would try using different USB devices.  (Postcode 0xB4 corresponds to "USB hot plug".)  I have seen some rougue USB devices in the past cause trouble with booting various embedded controllers.  I suspect that perhaps they might not comply with the USB spec completely - at least in a manner the BIOS booting process expects.  If you try different USB devices, be sure to try different brands to see if there is a difference in booting behavior.

Kevin S.

NI BIOS Development

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,246 Views)