PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8135 Can't Detect Hard Drive

I have a PXIe-8135 (with Labview RT) suddenly won't boot up. The BIOS show there is no Hard Drive. I take a known working HD from another PXIe-8135, plug into this one, It still not detect it. So it seems not HD failure, but PXIe-8135? Any body has such experience and how can we fix it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(916 Views)

Check if the recovery procedure mentioned here can help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(740 Views)

Hi BauerL

This sounds like an RMA, i.e. the 8135 in question needs to come in for repair. Some things you can test before that however are:

1. Check that it isn't a cable being loose on the MB. There are multiple flexi cables connections on the 8135, the drive connector being one and there is at least one between the two PCBs. I have seen one or two cases when these cables being loose have caused very strange errors. 

2. Does the drive from the faulty 8135 work on the otherwise working 8135? (just to fully rule out HDD error)

3. Upgrade the BIOS (if a later version is available). 

/David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(717 Views)

Just curious, how did you even dig this 1-year-old thread?

That guy would have already fixed or got a new one by this time.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(710 Views)

Hahaha, the post turned up in a search when I was doing research on something related. I didn’t see the year of the original post, just the reply. Too funny 😂

Thanks for pointing out my oversight. Hope everything worked out for BauerL and his 8135s. 

/David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(707 Views)