PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8133 serial port driver

Hi Guys

I am trying to use PXIe 8133 embedded Controller and the serial port appears as Unknow Device. The hardware ID is 

ACPI\NIC7019. Can Someone suggest where i can download the driver for the serial port.  

The Windows 7 32 bit is installed in tne embedded controller.   
The Ni PXie-8133 Peripheral Driver 1.0, already download and installed

Thanks

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,513 Views)

Good morning Gary,

Just to clarify, am I correct in thinking this is appearing as an Unknown Device in Windows Device Manager?

If you have the driver installed it could be that it has become disassociated with the hardware in some way. Have you tried right clicking on the Unknown Device and selecting Update Driver Software? From here you can force Windows to look for the correct driver.

Alternatively, what other NI software do you have installed on the machine? This can be found in the Software tab of Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)

Do you have PXI - Platform Services, NI Serial and NI Visa listed underneath there?

Jamie

Jamie Jones
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,491 Views)

Hi, Jamie

Yes, it is in the Windows Device Manager.

and the COM1 can not find in the Max. I tried with RS232 devices on the COM1, it does not work

I have the software installed you mentioned.( PXI - Platform Services, NI Serial and NI Visa)

I had pictures in the attachment. 

Best Regards 

Gary

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,488 Views)

Hi Gary,

Just a quick point - the Unknown Device you have listed is not your serial device.  It is a piece of NI-specific hardware that does not cause any problems if it is detected as "Unknown".  Although this won't help with your main problem with the serial port, you can fix this Unknown Device, as I recently detailed in this post here on another thread.

For your serial port problem, you might want to expand the section named Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Manager which is not shown expanded in your screenshot.  That is where I would expect to see your serial ports listed, and it may give some clue as to the problem.

-JoshH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,473 Views)