From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8133 Controller not running rtexe application

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXIe-8133 RT controller running Phar Lap 13.1.  I have been trying to get my software to run as an exe and have been having issues, so I have switched to a very simple program that just turns on the User 1 LED to see if it is even running.   The program runs fine from source, but it will not run as a startup exe.  I have checked the DIP switch, have made sure it is set to run as startup, everything I can think of with no luck.  

Anybody have ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,002 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author r_good

Hey Ryan,

It's likely an unexpected BIOS setting. Try the steps listed in Real-Time PXI Startup Executable Is Not Starting After Reboot, listed below for convenience or if the above link ever breaks.

1. Connect peripherals (monitor, keyboard) up to your PXIe-8133.
  2. Boot the 8133 and press <Del> to enter the BIOS.
  3. In the LabVIEW RT tab, observe the value for Disable Startup VI. It should say [Use Switch Setting].
  4. If the DIP switch is set appropriately, the startup VI should now be enabled.
Mike B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,919 Views)

Thanks for your help Mike.B,

I overlooked the BIOS, I assumed the switch would override the BIOS.  Never thought it would be in the BIOS settings!  

Startup.rtexe is running fine now.

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,909 Views)