PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8133 BSOD with KB4093118

Beware!

I have two PXIe-1065 chassis with PXIe-8133 controllers.  Both have given me the BSOD after the KB4093118 Win7 update.  One system was able to use system restore to recover.  The other is totally FUBAR and I have to do a clean install of Windows to recover.

Of course the recovery media provided by NI is a DVD, which the PXIe-8133 doesn't have.  I copied the DVD to a thumb drive but your OEM install spits out an error saying "CD drive not found" and refuses to continue.  Now I have to go out and buy a USB DVD drive with no guarantee that it will even work.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,241 Views)

Hello jrasco:

Well, this is a really critical scenario, up to this point one system is fully recovered and the other is having troubles. Can you tell what functions do you have access to the controller?. If the functionality is limited the only resource that we can use up to this moment is to return the hardware to National Instruments.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,133 Views)

JKarma,

I ended up digging up the Win7 recovery DVD that NI supplied with the controller and doing a fresh Win7 install.  I obviously had to re-install my LabView instance along with all the drivers, which is causing its own problems.  I'm battling this now:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PZhSAM

In the end, I will fully recover.  It is more of a waste of time than anything.  I just wanted to let other people know that BSOD for this particular controller is lurking in some of the recent Win7 updates.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,128 Views)