PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8101 desktop ICON

Solved!
Go to solution

I inadvertanly changed the National Instruments Desktop Icon when you first power up into Windows 7.  The User would like that one back.  Its not under Programdata>Microsoft folders ( after you "Show Hidden Folders").  Does anyone know where it is or how to get the original back??

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,734 Views)

Hi Clint,

On my 64-bit computer, you can find the LabVIEW icon in:  C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\LabVIEW.exe. If you want to try another method to find the icon, you can right click on your short cut, click properties, change icon, and then you should be able to find the icons available. The folder still will probably default to the folder where your icons are stored, but if not, you can change the folder name for the icons to your National Instruments file.

Hope this helps!

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,718 Views)

Anna,

On a PXIe8101 controller.  When I first power up it comes to the windows log in screen.  An icon appears ( it looks like a "N" with the N in a shape of an eagle).  The user ( admin) can then put his password in.  This is the icon I'm refering to.  If you go to    C:\:Programdata\microsoft\user account pictures it use to be there.  I changed it to another icon and now want to chg it back.  The National Istrumentts Icon is now longer in this path.  This is the one I'm refering to.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,707 Views)

don't know where the smiley face came from..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,706 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint_Eastwood1000

Hi Clint,

I was able to find the icon on my system under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures. However, if you don't have that, I've attached the logo below so you can save it as in your user account.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 8
(5,688 Views)

Thanks Anna. 

Just an aside..I was playing around w the desktop icon and went into:

START>CONTROL PANEL>USER ACCOUNTS>CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT PICTURE...a bunch of different pictures show up for the user to choose from.    I changed it to another icon.  When I went to change it back to the National Instruments icon ( default)  it no longer showed up.  It wasn't in the group to choose from.  Any idea why choosing a diffent icon would delete the National one?  Try it..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,680 Views)

Hi Clint,

I just tried the process you described and the NI picture still stayed there for me after changing my picture to another icon. I'm not sure why yours no longer showed up. Did you try browsing to other pictures?

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,668 Views)

It must have been something I did that I wasn't aware of.  I have the icon now thanks to you..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,634 Views)