From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-8100 RT Can't Connect

I'm currently running LabVIEW 2012 SP1 Real-Time, I am trying to connect to a PXIe-8100 RT embedded controller but when using NI-Max the Remote Systems can't find the target.  I tried connecting a monitor to the controller to try and get the IP address but nothing shows on the monitor.  When I use the PXIe-8100 RT Target Software CD is says it requires LabVIEW 2010 RT module. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,194 Views)

Check out this tutorial called Real-Time PXI System Initial Configuration and Software Installation. It goes over the proper network configuration, software you will need, the proper software installation order, and identifying your hardware for a RT PXI system. 

Real-Time PXI System Initial Configuration and Software Installation:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/12871/en/

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,166 Views)
Thanks for the reply. My MAX doesn't detect the target, so I connected a monitor to find the IP address so I can manually input it with "Create New" but for some reason nothing shows up on the display. It's a basic 15pin VGA to display, any idea why the display isn't showing up on my monitor? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,163 Views)

Have you tried following the steps in the tutorial linked above? Have you been able to successfully see your device in MAX previously?

Perhaps your PXIe card is not properly connected in your computer. Here is a link to a document that goes over Installing and Configuring PCI/PCI Express and PXI/PXI Express DAQ Devices. 

https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/pci-pxi#Cables and Accessories

Please try following the steps outlined in the tutorial and the document linked in this post to get your card to show up in MAX. 

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,129 Views)
Hi Aaron, Thanks for your assistance. I got my monitor working finally and the error message said "invalid system disk" so I had to go into the BIOS under the LabVIEW RT tab and change Boot Configuration to "LabVIEW RT Safe Mode", I was then able to have MAX find the target and from there load my software. Thanks again for the feedback.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,081 Views)

c

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,039 Views)

I have read and follow step on www.ni.com/tutorial/12871/en. In 2nd step, Installing software to Your Real-Time System, when I clicked Labview Real-Time 10.0.1, 10.0.1 version is not available. I have downloaded and installed :

1. LVRTE2010_SP1f5std.exe

2. RealTime2010SP1f1.exe

but both of them don't run, and when I click again is not available. So, what should I do to get this Labview Real-Time 10.0.1 version?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,035 Views)

Hi acikc,

You need the flat version. Take into account that the you'll need to install LabVIEW 2010, LabVIEW Real-Time Module 2010 in this order. You need to Register your Serial Number in ni.com and see if you can download that version of LabVIEW. Although, it's very likely because you are using a newer version.

Check also, that your NI-RIO version is compatible with them as well

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53408/en/

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,025 Views)