PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-7846R Triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two PXIe-7846R running  LabVIEW FPGA code monitoring the PXI_Trig0 line.  I would like the host program to enable the PXI_Trig0 high to start the two FPGAs running their application.  I have a PXIe-8840 controller.  Reading the forums and documentation is appears the a PXIe controller cannot control the PXI_Trig lines.

This that correct?  If not is there an example of a controller programming the lines.  All the examples shows one module triggering another module.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,540 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Yes, that is where I found this:

It is recommended you do not use the PXI controller trig line to trigger your measurement. Instead use another trigger source, such as a software trigger or a hardware trigger from an I/O module with an available counter output.

It is a little bit confusing, since a software trigger is code running on the controller.  Unless they are talking about a software trigger to a module in the chassis that causes it to set the Trig line.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,517 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,506 Views)

Thanks for you help.  I was able to get the program to work, by using two triggers.  Each PXIe-7846R monitors a trigger that the other PXIe-7846R controls.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,489 Views)