PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6555 script - export marker issue

Hello, 

I'm trying to synchronize HSDIO (PXIe-6555) marker with PPS (PXIe-4112) sequence iteration step (see attached screenshots). That is, I need marker to trigger next step in predefined voltage sequence. ... But an error is generated that trigger line (PXI_Trig0) is already in use that is a bit confusing, because PPS is waiting for trigger rather than export it (at least this is my understanding) ... Any ideas ?  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,253 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried using other trigger line? Do you get the same error when using another trigger line instead?

Best Regards,

ulaci

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,201 Views)

Hello ulaci, 

No matter which trigger line is used - the error is the same. 

Note that not any issue with DMM, i.e. DDM is able to be triggered by the same line (PXI Trigger Line 0).

Regards   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,194 Views)

Hello,

Did you check in NI MAX whether the trigger lines are in use or not? Please check the following document: 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019M7pSAE&l=en-US

Best Regards,

ulaci

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,183 Views)

Hello,

Not any booked trigger line - all configured as Dynamic (see attached). Moreover, the both instruments (HSDIO and PPS) are located on the same Bus (Bus 1), so no need to bridge them.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,177 Views)

Hello,

I have found the following forum discussion:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/Error-89126-Trigger-line-requested-could-not-be-reserved-because/td-p/3...

Does turning on and off the machine or restarting the PXI Resource Manager help with the issue?

Best Regards,

ulaci

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,168 Views)

Hello,

Have you progressed with the issue? Did restarting the PXI Resource Manager help?

Best Regards,

ulaci

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,127 Views)

Hello ulaci,

Sorry for late response.  

Actually I modified a bit the diagram (see attached) and now, it seems OK. ... "It seems", because at 5 1/2 DMM it works as expected, but at 6 1/2 DMM exits with timeout error. So I need to go deeper in debugging.

Thanks for engagement ... and I'll keep you in touch.

Regards   

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,104 Views)

Hello pgo,

Do you have any update with the issue? By the way in what way does the DMM affect the marker event/trigger? Or is it a separate issue?

Best Regards,

ulaci

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,047 Views)