PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 6356 analog output issue

Hi there, I am trying to run a code where I need to provide voltage to analog output channels 0 and 1 on my SCB-68A connector block, which is connected to the Ni PXIe-6356 terminal block.  I am using a digital multimeter to test the voltage that is being provided to the analog output channels.  I need to supply 3.3 V to channel 1 and 6 V to channel 0.  For some reason, the voltage will not exceed 1.66V on channel 0. Can anyone assist me with this? I'm very new to electronics and I'm not sure if I'm missing some sort of connection or what.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,616 Views)

Just to clarify, the SCB-68A is a connector block, while the PXIe-6356 is the DAQ device that is actually generating the voltage. Please refer to the following pinout (Figure 1) for which pins on the SCB-68A correspond to which channels on the NI 6356: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371805a.pdf. 

Have you tested this in NI MAX with test panels? Does this seem to occur with both channels, or just channel 0?

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,573 Views)

Yes, exactly.  I have run tests on the MAX, and the anolog output channel 0 only gets up to 1.3V.  The analog output channel 1 seems to be fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,570 Views)

Have you tried measuring directly from the PXIe 6356, instead of from the SCB-68? If it still seems like you are unable to output above 1.3 V, that channel may be damaged.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,533 Views)