PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-5186 error code -233401

Solved!
Go to solution

Getting 'internal hardware error' in MAX on a digitizer I have been using almost every day for almost a year without issue. Tried rebooting computer, PXI, removing digitizer and reinstalling, reinstalling NI-SCOPE, etc. to no avail. I recently changed LabVIEW versions from 32-bit to 62-bit to increase memory available to LabVIEW, though I'm not sure how that could cause an 'internal hardware error'. 

Does anyone know what this error code means and how I can go about fixing it? 

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author itst1357

"internal hardware error" means that something is messed up at the HW level within the instrument and it may not recover. If you have already tried, reset, self-test, self-calibrate and the instrument did not recover, your only option is to send the HW to NI for repair.

Upgrading to 64-bit LV has nothing to with the error you're facing.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,390 Views)

Hi Santo,

Great. Thanks for the response. I have already submitted a service request but I thought as a last ditch effort someone might have a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,387 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author itst1357

Update: the issue was a 12 V power supply in the PXIe-1078 chassis. After a few weeks (and an RMA for the PXIe-5186 that didn't solve anything), the chassis fan stopped spinning, so I sent it in for RMA and a new power supply it solved all the issues I had been having. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,203 Views)