From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-5122 PFI lines for general input or output

All,

I have a system and I need 2 more Digital inputs. I would like to use the PFI 0 and PFI 1 of my  PXIe-5122 to read a limit switch. With other devices you can read the current state of the PFI lines. I don't see a way to do this with the scope. I hope I am just missing something and it is simple. I could possibly trick the system by setting up a triggered acquisition. suing the desired PFI line then getting the status of the acquisition but I really would like to avoid this if possible. Is there some property I could read? Any Ideas?

Thanks for help.

MoparElwood

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,634 Views)

Hey MoparElwood,

I checked the NI High-Speed Digitizers manual and it states the following about PFI lines:

"Many NI high-speed digitizers have two digital lines that can import a trigger, import or export a reference clock, or output various signals."

The specification sheet also only discusses triggers and clocks. 

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376937c.pdf

It sounds like the trigger is a good, if not the correct, approach to your situation. Why do you not want to go about the problem this way? Do you have other modules that you could use if you want to go about this a different way? 

Best,
Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,600 Views)